I felt like a VIP at Belad Bont Resort in Salalah! This is why you should stay here when you’re in town.
Can I just say that I definitely had one of my best trips to the Middle East in Oman? After taking a trip to Muscat, the desert and exploring Sur, we went straight to Salalah.
There is so much to see in Oman that my stay in Salalah was clearly not enough. My tour was completed with the hospitality of the Omanis and the amazing customer service of Belad Bont Resort, my home for 3 days and 2 nights in Salalah. More about my stay at Belad Bont Resort is below!
Things to do in Salalah, Oman
1. Sultan Qaboos Mosque
The second largest mosque in Oman and you should see this one. The Sultan Qaboos Mosque is beautiful and breathtaking to behold! The prayer hall is decorated with marble and covered with a huge Persian carpet. Non-Muslims can visit the mosque every morning (except Friday). Remember to wear appropriate clothing. Ladies must have their hair covered, no short dresses, shoulders must also be covered. Definitely worth a visit!
2. Bouncing on the beach!
There are several must-see beaches in Salalah! If you have enough time, you can even spend a day at the beach and freshen up after visiting some of the popular attractions. Here are the beaches you should visit.
- Al Mughsail Beach – This dream beach, an endless white beach of about 6 km, with water like in the Caribbean, you simply have to see. A very good reason to return to Salalah.
- Al Fizayah Beach – Another Caribbean feeling in the Orient. Beautiful nature and clear water that turns blue and turquoise! To get there, you’ll have to drive off a cliff and find yourself in a pristine and abandoned paradise. Highly recommended!
- Marneef Cave – One of the most visited tourist spots around Salalah. Even the entrance to this attraction is impressive. The cliffs and caves are at the western end of Al Mughsail Beach.
3. The old city of Sumhuram
Sumhuram Old City is manageable but definitely worth seeing. The strategic importance in ancient times can be imagined with a little imagination. All in all, a spectacular dig with great views of the former port. The adjacent museum should also be visited.
4. Incense Country Museum
Between old and new Salalah lies the Incense Museum and archaeological sites. The museum is small but informative and interesting. Excavations are very extensive and not on hot days or preferably in the morning. Here you will learn not only something about incense, but also a lot about the history of Oman, which is brought closer by the changing exhibitions.
5. See Other Popular Places in Salalah
One day in Salalah is really not enough as there are so many beautiful places to explore. Here are other popular places in Salalah that you should not miss!
- Taqah Castle – a very nicely preserved castle, there is still an old four-poster bed in the bedroom and you will have a beautiful view of the beach from above. A palm tree provides shade in the courtyard and a small incense tree is available. The fortress was inhabited until 1984.
- Controversial Earth’s Gravity – You have to experience this! A heavy all-terrain vehicle, as if pulled by the hand of a ghost, climbs a relatively steep mountain without engine power. The point is located between Taqah and Wadi Darbat, at the beginning of the road leading to the Dhofar plateau.
- Al Balid Archaeological Site – The excavations cover a historical period of about 800 years until the rule of the Portuguese in 1500, who changed trade routes and marked the end of the city. You can see the remains of houses, mosques and warehouses near the beach and the supply of fresh water from the wadi located in the mountains beyond.
Where to stay in Salalah, Oman
The luxury hotel and resort Belad Bont Resort is located just in the western part of the city of Salalah. It has 99 rooms for guests to choose from including; rooms (standard, superior, super deluxe), cottages and VIP apartments. We stayed in one of their cabins!
During our 3 day 2 night stay exploring what Salalah has to offer, we managed to get a chance to stay at Belad Bont Resort which is also the first of its kind in Salalah!
The accommodations, meals, spa and gym, and customer service are top notch! My photos are proof of how satisfied (and happy) I am with everything I experienced at Belad Bont!
Belad Bont Resort Restaurant
You know how much I love food, and when I suggest a certain dish or even a restaurant, trust me because it means you shouldn’t miss it! I’m also vocal when food doesn’t agree with my taste buds. Simply put, I actually just want to tell you that I LOVE the food at Belad Bont. They even gave us a welcome cake, yay! (diet? I’ve never heard of that.. I know you too haha!)
At Belad Bont they have 4 restaurants, a juice bar by the pool and an exclusive female only facility which I think is really cool;
- Mosaic (all-day dining)
- Ottoman restaurant
- Riviera lounge
- Lagoon pool deck
- Yasameen (ladies only lounge)
I enjoyed everything we had from drinks to appetizers and mains. And since Belad Bont has a few dining options, it’s quite difficult to choose where to eat, but of course, you can always try whatever your mouth desires!
Pampering at Belada Bonta spa and gym
Staying at Belad Bont also means you need some pampering! The Spa & Gym at the resort is something you should not miss. They have a ladies-exclusive Yasemeen Spa where you’ll find a nail bar, a private indoor heated pool and a ladies-only gym! Hurrah!
You can also spend some time in the sauna to release the bad “energy” from all the stress this world has given us. Ha-Ha!
Then soak in the jacuzzi, oh… can you imagine how relaxing that is? A dream indeed!
My time in Oman is very limited but everything I had heard about this country before was true, it was so much fun! That’s why even though I haven’t even left the country yet, I’m already planning to go back! I hope to bring you all here one day.